We know how irritating pests can be in the home, but they can also be a health risk for the family. However, there are pest control tips you need to be aware of, that you may not have known. With these basic tips in the article, you can practice it at home and use effective remedies to combat infestation in your living space.
Look At the Following Pest Prevention
Try to block their entry by sealing of cracks and gaps in windows, doors, sinks, and pipes. Make sure to trim branches of trees growing near the home. By doing this, it prevents mice and rats from entering the house through the windows and roof.
Make sure your kitchen and bathrooms clean and keep food in a sealed container. Use a sealed dustbin and garbage containers outdoors as varmints attracted to food falling out of the garbage bins. Another critical thing to remember is that you can use Neem Tree Oil as a natural pesticide around the home to repel pest.
Further, you can make garlic and onion spray as it is a great pesticide. You can prepare it by chopping a medium sized onion and one clove of garlic and combine it with water. Add one teaspoon of liquid soap and one teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the mixture. You will be surprised at what the natural pest control can keep away.
Another great way to control rodents around the home is to place coffee grounds in areas where the pests are prone to attack.
Maybe you have an ant infestation taking over your kitchen or dining room—you can control it by using cucumber. Place some slices at the entry point of the ants, as it will stop their entry. Alternatively, you can use crushed mint as well. Another insect spray that works for ants is a mixture of two tablespoons of borax powder, a cup of sugar, and one liter of water. The ants cannot differentiate between the borax and sugar and eventually kills out the colony.
Having cockroaches in the home is a nightmare as they are difficult to control. You can use an equal mixture of boric acid powder, sugar, and cornmeal to kill them. Place the substance in small containers behind the refrigerators and cupboards for them to eat. Other useful products are soap water, beer, garlic, coffee grounds, cucumber, and of course your boot.
Other Insect Preventions
To prevent different types of insects, you can do the following:
- Bedbugs – place kerosene drops to corners and cracks of your bed and makes sure to expose your room with enough sunlight. You can even take your mattress out to air in the heat outdoors.
- Spiders – place slices of onion in a bowl of water near spider webs as it forces them to move. Another effective way is to spray them vinegar water as it kills them instantly.
- Mice and Rats – soak some cotton balls in peppermint oil to repel them or use mint leaves instead. Another fantastic thing to use is bay leaves as the rat eats it and dies.
- Scorpions – use cedar oil to kill them, or you can use boric acid to get rid of them.
- Pigeons – make a solution of honey with a small amount of water and spray it on the roof and balcony to rid them. Another useful product is black pepper powder. Sprinkle the powder where they are known to come frequently.
However, if the above problems continue to happen or you do not have the time to take precaution call Ranger Pest Control. We will take care of your rodent infestations quickly without harming you and the environment.